Thursday, November 21, 2013

D-Day Anniversary!

Our 1 year anniversary (Nov 12) of diagnosis day came and went. I reflected on that day just a little bit, but had one VERY cute little girl to focus on all day!! I thought I'd have such a hard time on this day, reflecting on the emotions, heartache, and unknown but like I said Emma kept me occupied. She is a constant reminder that our God is much bigger then a diagnosis. That he can pull you from a dark and scary place and make it new and bright and full of lady bugs! She is such a sweet spirit and I'm continually grateful that we are her parents. It certainly always hasn't been easy especially in the beginning but God carried us through it wrapped in his never ending love! Today also happens to be Thursday so we'll do a little TBT (throwback Thursday) action. Enjoy!!!! Thank you all for walking this journey with us! We are so lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives! We continue to be blessed by our precious baby girl! This is my all time favorite verse now being a mom, but also being a mom to a baby with SB!!

Psalm 139:13-16
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.



AHHHHH the cheeks!!!!! 

I could just kiss her feet all day long! 


The snowy day she was born!! 









More recent! 

Eating blueberries!!! 

Trying a sippy cup... she still isn't so sure about this... 

We were able to get her a zipzac! I am so excited for her and the endless possibilities this will provide!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. She's getting so big and those cheeks kill me. LOVE that she's got a zipzac! Happy D-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! That is good news. I still vividly remember our diagnosis day in July of 2016. I was twenty weeks pregnant with my second child and I was having a boy. I was scared. The MFM told me that it was a L1 lesion and I literally had no clue what that would mean for our family either. My daughter was far too little to understand at the time. I had a lot of questions on my mind.


    She was not even two yet. After doing a lot of online research and talking with a true expert I felt somewhat better about the future. We were referred to a high risk doctor immediately too. Today our beloved clever little child with open defect spina bifida is 3 years old. I feel proud to be his mother. Yes he needs a wheelchair but that does not matter anymore. This summer it will be four years since D Day. How the time has flown by.

    ReplyDelete