Thursday, May 30, 2013

2 Months Old!!

We've been a busy little family in the past few weeks. Since I've last posted we had Emma baptized, we met her new pediatrician (which we love by the way), we had another physical therapy visit and tomorrow we have a follow up MRI to check her shunt since Dr. Stevenson changed it 3 weeks ago. We've also been to the aquarium and the zoo! Emma celebrated her 2 month birthday as well. I can't believe how fast time is going and how much Emma is changing. I see change in her each day!

Peter got us memberships to the museum center and the aquarium for Mothers Day, and my mom got us a membership to the zoo for our anniversary! We are going to have sooo much fun exploring all these places. Emma seemed slightly unimpressed by the aquarium and the zoo but I know deep down she was excited to see them both.

Emma's progress and milestones are awesome. She is now smiling in response to things rather then just involuntary. She is making a noise that we've decided is her laughing. She can track people and her toys, boy does she love to follow her daddy!! She can also hold her head up for extended periods of time without any assistance!!!

She also got her first REAL bath. I'm not just talking about a scrub down with a wash cloth, NO NO, I'm talking full on bath in the kitchen sink with soap and water kind of bath. I was a little hesitant because I wasn't so sure of how she'd like it, but I think she truly enjoyed it. There were no tears, no crying, just one happy go lucky girl!

Each day my heart just swells with pride that God chose us to be this precious baby girl's parents! We honestly couldn't be luckier!!!

We'd like to thank each and everyone of you for your prayers. They are so appreciated and each day I can see God's continued grace and blessings on our family. Please continue your prayers. Emma still has a little bit of healing to go on her back before it is completely closed but her progress there is unbelievable.

Please continue to pray that her shunt functions as it should and that she doesn't have any symptoms with her Chiari II. Please pray that Peter and I remain vigilant to her needs both health related and otherwise and that God continues to bless her and our family with good health. Thanks again, you all are AMAZING!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment