Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Getting acquainted

That's what we've been doing! Getting to know each other. Trying to figure each other out. Gotta tell ya... I'm loving every single flipping minute of it!! Our little girl is AMAZING. If I was told that I had to sum her up in one single word that's what I'd choose every single time. AMAZING!!! The only time Emma cries is when she is hungry (spoken like a true Hendrickson/Johnson/Ely). Like I said last time, out of all the reasons she has to cry and fuss she doesn't.

We've had one more PT visit, and Ms. Nancy told us a few more things we can do with Emma. She also told us that if Emma was a baby without any issues that she would be telling us to do the same thing. So we continue to work on tummy time.
Although it's not our favorite exercise. 
Then we have to work on the activity mat.
But again not our favorite thing to do 
But Emma does it. Because that's what she is supposed to do. 

We also met again with Dr. Pan, and this visit was a GREAT visit! First of all we just think the world of Dr. Pan, the progress Emma's wounds have made is wonderful. On Wednesday the 30th we were informed that there is no more back restriction WOOOOO HOOOO!!!!!! This puts a mommas mind at ease because we all know back is best when sleeping and she now gets to experience that! Also he informed us that she can wear pants! SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT... thats right, we've been living in rompers and onsies, and a WHOLE new world of cute clothes and matching outfits has been opened to us! You may ask what the first complete outfit was that we put on such a cute baby? The wait is over... 

So the past week has been wonderful, we've had a great time. I have to go back to work for 60 hours then I get to fulfill my lifelong dream of becoming a stay at home mommy. My boss told me today that I could change my mind if I wanted to. I replied that I have a much better job opportunity waiting for me at home! 

Like always we appreciate and covet your prayers. Please continue to pray for healing for Emma. She has healed so well this far. Also please continue to pray that her shunt functions as it should, and that her Chiari Malformation remains non-symptomatic. Also please pray that Peter and I remain vigilant to her needs, health related and otherwise. Thank you so much for your support and prayers we truly appreciate it! 

And as always here are some more pictures! 
I always showed you pictures of her feet while I was pregnant, now here they are LIVE AND IN COLOR!!! 

"Uhh Mom, think you can stop with the pictures"

Perfect, tiny little hand

I'm gonna eat you

Well hello there

Supporting the home team! *fyi... they won this game* just put her on the payroll

Exercising is tough work

Lovin my wubbanub


No comments:

Post a Comment