Thursday, April 25, 2013

1 month ago today...

Exactly 1 month ago today we welcomed our sweet, precious, mild mannered, amazing, baby girl into our lives and they were forever changed.

Sitting here typing this my mom has my baby in her arms. What a difference a month makes. Last month it was snowy, this month the tulips have bloomed and its a beautiful day. Last month my little girl was being transported to Children's Hospital awaiting her first of 2 major surgeries that she would have before she was even 2 weeks old, now we are able to hold her, dress her, change her, feed her, and care for her. I took all these things for granted before I wasn't able to do them for 2 and a half weeks what an eye opener. I can't say I look forward to diaper changes but I do them with a smile on my face because I get to do it rather then a nurse.

I am forever a changed person because of one 10.6 pound little girl. I am in complete awe of her. She amazes me. I tell Peter every night how amazed I am at her. For every reason that she has to fuss and cry she doesn't. Instead she coo's and is always adorable and sweet. We have been so blessed by this little girl.

Since my last post we've been to physical therapy, we had a follow up with Dr. Pan, Emma's wonderful plastic surgeon, and we went to High Risk clinic. Everything has gone great. The doctors are still so impressed by her and her healing!

Before the High Risk clinic we were feeding and cathing her every 3 hours, now we can do this every four. Its amazing what one measly little hour will do for you.

In other exciting news we are pretty sure we've seen movement in both her left and right leg! PRAISE GOD!!

We  have been so blessed by those who have picked us up and "adopted" us. Our amazing church family has provided meals, they've done hard labor (yard work) and most importantly everyone who has come along side us on this journey means more to us then we can ever put into words! We thank you for your love and support. We ask for continued prayers. For Emma's continued healing, and that her shunt continues to function properly without issues. Also please pray that Peter and I continue to be vigilant to her needs. I pray for this every day. I am so nervous about her shunt and her Chiari II malformation and the issues these could cause for her. I lift it up to God and know that he is ultimately in control of my sweet Emma. Thank you again for your prayers, support, generosity, and time it is greatly appreciated!

Now for the pictures!
No these AREN'T my real ears.

AHHHHHHHHHH! 

Me and daddy! 

WHAT?! That's what I thought.



Mommy and I











I've had it! 

I'll cooperate for JUST ONE MORE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment