Saturday, January 5, 2013

Well Helloooooooooooooooooo



Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays. Sorry there has been such a long delay from our last post! Life on the home front has been "normal". I put quotations around that word because everyone's normal has a different definition. But Peter and I have been thankful for our normal! The last time I updated the blog was a follow up from our team meeting with the wonderful doctors at Children's Hospital.

We had a nice break from all the hub bub as they say and have been able to enjoy the pregnancy and our little growing girl! On December 16 I was chilling on the couch and Emma was practicing her dance moves, well I motioned to Peter to come over, because we've learned that if I tell him to come and feel her then she gets shy or stubborn (hmm... where does that come from) and stops doing whatever she was doing, so anyways, I was able to catch his attention and he got to feel her kick 3 times right in a row. It was the neatest thing that he was finally able to feel what I've been feeling for quite some time!

On January 3rd we went to the normal OB/GYN, fully expecting an ultrasound but much to our surprise we didn't get one. But the good doctor listened to her heartbeat, and said that sounded perfect and said that everything was looking good. We knew it was eminent but we confirmed that we will have to begin twice weekly non stress test, and an amniotic fluid level check. This is "routine" for children with special needs ,just to make sure all is going well. At the beginning of my pregnancy I had told a few people that I think God should install a window in a woman's belly so she can keep an eye on her baby. Well I think he took me more literally then I had imagined. Be careful what you ask for... LOL! We are ok with these twice weekly checks though as long as it means we get to see our little lady bug and know that she is ok then we are ok with it too. Those will start on Monday January 7th and will continue until our sweet girl arrives.

So I think that catches us up for now. I will probably be posting a bit more frequently since we'll be able to see her more often, so check back next week for an update from this upcoming weeks appointments. As always we appreciate you reading this and keeping us and our little Emma in your thoughts and prayers.

As I say at the end of the day this is what matters



I thought I'd throw in this bonus picture of her kicking me. SO COOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment